11.08.2012

make your bed.

Damn. Mom's nagging is still ringing in my head. But, this time it's on a whole new level. It's about time I get around to finally making our bed. Our master bedroom is s-l-o-w-l-y coming along. I'm going to show you a before pic and I'm warning you - it is not pretty. There is a baby jumparoo in the corner, a cat calendar on the wall and omg...discheveled pillows! What the heck? This is definitely not one of those staged "before" photos. Just keepin' it real kids. Don't worry - the jumparoo and cat calendar are long gone. 


Well, it can only go up from there. The room has been repainted a soft light grey and I've made some progress on the bedding. Here is where I'm at so far:


1. Quilt | 2. Duvet Cover/Shams | 3. Bolster {vintage} | 4. Euro Sham

Not to sound like a McDonald's commercial but...I'm lovin it. How about that mustard bolster pillow? Things were getting a little too color coordinated around here and the mustard adds a pop of I don't give a fuck, I like it to the mix. Don't ya think? It just works. Forget the rules.

I need some more friends to join the party though - 2 more euro shams and something needs to be done with that headboard. I am not digging the dark wood frame. It's not playing very nice with my bedding or my new grey walls. So, I'm thinking my best option is to get a slipcover made to cover the entire headboard, which will help break up all that dark wood. How fun would that be? I need to call my seamstress best friend soon. I'm such a sucker for a fantastic headboard. Especially when they are made from unexpected materials. Swoon.





No comments:

Post a Comment